Last month PRSA announced the time has come to re-define public relations. Since then, PRSA has been collecting input online to crowdsource the new definition. The process will end this Friday, enter a review phase, followed by another public vote, and presumably by the end of this year we’ll have a new way of articulating what P.R. is.
Putting myself in my clients’ positions, I think they might describe their PR programs this way:
· A content creation engine to stimulate conversation about us with our clients and prospects
· A broker for connecting us and positioning us as a resource with key media
· An effective and much less expensive form of advertising
· Great way to communicate our thought leadership
· One program in overall marketing plan in which we can compete on more level playing field with competitors that are much larger and richer
Posted by akenney at 11:05 AM